Start Thinking About Your Favorites!
As we are sure you remember, The Sydney Taylor Shmooze is a mock award blog created to encourage discussion of books eligible for the Sydney Taylor Book Award. The purpose is to grow awareness of the genre and of the criteria for the Award, and to help readers critically consider Jewish literature for youth.
Well, now we've experienced almost a full year of Jewish kidlit together and it's time to think about handing out some mock awards! Here's what you can expect in the upcoming months:
- We will continue posting book reviews for eligible 2020 titles through the end of the December, 2020.
- Monday-Friday January 4-8, 2021 Voting Round 1. Anyone may vote (except for current members of AJL's Sydney Taylor Book Award committee). Voters may select one favorite title in each of three categories (Picture Books, Middle Grade, Young Adult). Every book reviewed on the blog this year will be on the ballot.
- Monday-Friday January 11-15, 2021 Voting Round 2. The top books that scored highest in Round 1 will be on the second ballot, again in three categories.
- Thursday January 21, 2021 Mock Winners and Mock Honor Books will be announced!
- Monday January 25, 2021 The Real Sydney Taylor Book Award winners, honors, and notable books will be announced at ALA's Youth Media Awards!
- February 2021 A Real Award blog tour will showcase the Real Winners.
Post a Comment